A bachelor degree with a 2.2 (hons) is required. If you do not have a bachelor degree, a relevant professional qualification and evidence of significant work experience at a senior level may be considered.
GCSE: Apprentices must hold English and Maths grade C/4 or above. If you don’t have the required GCSEs you will be asked to take Functional Skills tests in English and Maths, before taking the end point assessment.
Work experience: A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in a leadership and management position. For those undertaking the healthcare pathway, a minimum of 5 years’ work experience in a health or social care setting is normally required. Experience should include relevant managerial responsibilities, for example systems, finance, HR, IT, logistics, marketing or selling.
We accept a range of international equivalent qualifications.
If English is not your first language, you need to pass an approved English language test.
English language requirements
IELTS 6.5 overall, with no less than 6.0 in any component. For other English qualifications, read English language equivalent qualifications
How to apply
Application deadlines for 2020 start dates are:
July 2020: 30 June 2020
Completing your application
Please make sure you submit your application for the correct start date.
Please select ‘MSc Senior Leadership PT’ from the course list, which you will find by selecting the Search button next to the course title field.
Documents and information you’ll need
The following should be uploaded before your application can be considered:
A reference from your current line manager endorsing your application for the programme. They should also confirm their agreement to you spending 20% of your normal working hours on this formal, work based qualification.
Copy of your degree certificate and transcripts
If you don’t have a first degree, evidence of your professional qualifications and any other CPD qualifications
Copies of your GCSE Maths and English certificates showing pass grades, or an equivalent qualification (please contact our admissions team for details of the qualifications we accept)
A full CV
Evidence of your English language qualifications, if English is not your first language
We will take all of our entry criteria into consideration when evaluating your application, as well as your post-apprenticeship career goals and whether the apprenticeship is likely to help you fulfil them.
The Programme Director will conduct an interview with all applicants, either face-to-face or over the phone. The Programme Director speaks to all potential candidates before an offer is made.
If you receive an offer of a place, we usually allow a maximum of four to six weeks for you to accept and confirm your place. All applications must be formally accepted prior to the deadline date.
Leeds University Business School Taught Postgraduate Admissions Policy
- UK/EU: See fees section below
Fees will be paid by your employer organisation through the UK Apprenticeship Scheme, subject to eligibility.
You must be fully employed by a UK based company and your contract must not expire prior to the end of the training programme.
If you are employed by a large company, which pays the UK Apprenticeship Levy, the fees will be paid in full by the levy, once your employer has registered with the Digital Apprenticeship Service.
If you are employed by a non-levy paying organisation (e.g. an SME), they can apply to reserve funding through the Apprenticeship co-investment scheme. Places are limited and the company will have to pay 5% of the cost of the fees and the Government pay the remaining 95%.
Your employer will be required to enter into a formal written contract with the University of Leeds.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. Please note you will not be eligible for a tuition fee loan.
Additional cost information
There may be additional costs related to your course or programme of study, or related to being a student at the University of Leeds. Read more about additional costs