International Fashion Marketing and Design Management PGCert
Year of entry 2023
- Start dates
- January 2023
- March 2023
- May 2023
- July 2023
- Delivery type
- Online exclusive
- 8 months part time
- Entry requirements
- A First or 2.1 (hons) bachelor degree in any subject.
Full entry requirements
- English language requirements
- IELTS 6.5 overall, with no less than 6.0 in any component
- Online learning fees
- See fees section below
Study International Fashion Marketing and Design Management
Our unique programme is one of the very few online fashion management courses that integrates the two areas of fashion marketing and design management, drawing on expertise from leading academics at Leeds School of Design.
In this course, you’ll develop a range of research, cognitive, creative, and intellectual skills together with techniques specific to fashion management on a global scale for a successful career in fashion. If you understand the importance and complexities of the global fashion industry, this course gives you the skills and knowledge to progress your creative abilities and either start a fashion brand or become an international fashion brand manager.
It will take only a minimum of eight months to complete a Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert) level qualification whilst still providing the knowledge, skills, and credit to ensure you are equipped to upskill quickly. You can either exit with the Postgraduate Certificate award, or continue to complete the full Masters degree.
From dedicated modules in International Fashion Marketing and Creative Brand Management through to Case Studies in Global Fashion and Sustainability, you’ll be well equipped to create or manage sustainable fashion brands and lead the future of fashion.
You can choose to complete the PGCert online in a minimum of eight months or up to a maximum of two years. By the time you’ve graduated, you’ll be well placed to enter a wide range of exciting careers in digital fashion marketing and design management, from managing fashion branding to launch your own business to becoming an international fashion brand manager, marketer, design manager and more.
The University of Leeds
We are one of the top 100 universities in the world and ranked in the top 15 in the UK (QS World University Rankings 2023) with a global reputation for excellence in research and teaching.
Through links with various industry partners worldwide, we provide you with a strong combination of higher education and careers support. Our team of high-profile academics create an exceptional study experience guided by industry-leading knowledge and research.
Learn from academic excellence
Our online International Fashion Marketing and Design Management PGCert is delivered by academics from Leeds School of Design. We’re an interdisciplinary school bringing together expertise from a range of design and technology specialisms, ranked 8th in the UK for Art and Design (Complete University Guide, 2023).
The School is particularly renowned for its robust research in a wide range of fields and is organised into the following key groups which our staff and postgraduate researchers are members of:
- Art practice as research
- Colour technology
- Design history and material culture
- Experience design
- Fashion Marketing and Management
- Textile and fashion design
- Textile technology
- Visual communication.
Our research collaborations
Creative thinking and fashion innovation are at the heart of both our teaching and research as we aim to develop new design ideas and provide solutions to issues faced in sustainability, the fashion industry and our society. Our academic staff are also involved with several collaborative research centres including: Clothworkers’ Centre for Textile Materials Innovation for Healthcare, LAND2, and water@leeds with the goal of bringing the highest tangible impact to society in four themes of culture, economy, environment, and health.
About the International Fashion Postgraduate Certificate
Our distance learning fashion management PGCert will begin with a two-week online induction designed to prepare you for online learning at the University of Leeds. It will introduce the study skills you will need to successfully complete your degree and access some of the top fashion jobs.
Delivered online, the course offers a flexible schedule of modules which are designed for working professionals looking to develop a successful career in fashion and design management. The PGCert course consists of the three compulsory modules, and a choice of one of the six optional modules to help you upskill in an area of interest to you.
You can take the course at your own pace and adapt your studies to fit around your work and life commitments. To give you flexibility, it is possible to pause your studies and take them up again at a later point.
The modules cover a variety of subject areas including International Fashion Marketing and Creative Brand Management, Case Studies in Global Fashion and Sustainability and Strategic Digital Marketing for Fashion.
The list shown below represents typical modules/components studied and may change from time to time. Read more in our terms and conditions.
For more information and a full list of typical modules available on this course, please read International Fashion Marketing and Design Management PGCert in the course catalogue
Year 1 compulsory modules
|International Fashion Marketing and Creative Brand Management||15|
|Case Studies in Global Fashion and Sustainability||15|
|Strategic Digital Marketing for Fashion||15|
Year 1 optional modules (selection of typical options shown below)
Select one optional module from the options below:
|Strategic International Fashion Marketing and Brand Management||15|
|Innovation and Portfolio Management in International Fashion||15|
|Social Media Marketing and Communication||15|
|Research Project Foundation: Research Methods and Data Analysis||15|
|Internationalisation across the Fashion Industry Value Chain||15|
Learning and teaching
Assessment methods will emphasise not just knowledge, but essential skills development too. These will vary from module to module, with examples including:
- Individual projects.
- Group discussions and assignments to build on your real-world experience.
- Live and pre-recorded student presentations of case studies and pitches.
- Portfolios demonstrating creative strategies and case studies.
- Literature reviews, using extensive online resources via the library.
- Reflective logs.
- Essays and written reports.
- Multiple choice exams (these typically count for just 5% of the total summative assessment of the taught modules but are often used as formative feedback to check on your learning). We do not use traditional exams as our experience has indicated that these are not suitable for online learning students.
Push the boundaries of fashion anytime, anywhere with this online learning fashion management Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert). Each week you will study through live face-to-face sessions with our module tutors in a mixture of structured and open-ended learning techniques.
We recognise that professionals have busy lives, so with a 100% online delivery mode, you can manage your learning around your busy personal commitments and full-time employment, without the need to disrupt your life. You will study with a world-leading UK institution without the additional overseas cost of living. We will also provide many tools, including study planners, to help you track your progress and better manage your time.
Your learning will be delivered by Leeds online via our award-winning virtual learning environment, Minerva. Each week you will study through live face-to-face sessions with our module tutors in a mixture of structured and open-ended learning techniques.
Minerva can be accessed on different devices, whenever and wherever it suits you. The platform has been designed by a team of experts to ensure your online learning experience is of the highest quality and prepares you for success, both academically and professionally.
You’ll have access to:
- The Pathways to Success induction course designed for online learning students.
- In-course communication tools, such as discussion forums and announcements, to facilitate collaboration with peers and module tutors across the globe with ease.
- Webinars to engage in real time with module tutors and peers to learn about a range of contemporary subject areas.
- Online advice and support services for Minerva.
- Tools to help self-monitor progress.
- You will also be able to submit assessments and receive feedback from module tutors during their office working hours.
We recommend a high-speed broadband internet connection with a minimum speed of 1.5 Mbps. You will need regular access to a desktop computer, tablet, or laptop, with a webcam. You will also need the ability to view PDF documents and work in Microsoft Office (software provided).
Watch our preview of Minerva
On this course you’ll be taught by our expert academics, from lecturers through to professors. You may also be taught by industry professionals with years of experience, as well as trained postgraduate researchers, connecting you to some of the brightest minds on campus.
- A First or 2.1 (hons) Bachelor degree in any subject.
- If you hold a 2.2 (hons) Bachelor degree in any subject, or professional qualifications equivalent to Bachelor with Honours/Masters we’ll consider your application for the PGCert course if you have at least two years of relevant work experience in a professional environment.
- If you hold professional qualifications or Higher Education qualifications equivalent to Level 5, we’ll consider your application for the PGCert course if you have at least three years of relevant work experience in a professional environment.
- Professionally qualified candidates who do not meet the formal qualifications will also be considered but assessed individually.
- We accept a range of international equivalent qualifications. For information, please contact our Enrolment Advisors at: email@example.com.
- All applicants will need to have GCSE English language at grade C or above, or an appropriate English language qualification.
English language requirements
IELTS 6.5 overall, with no less than 6.0 in any component. For other English qualifications, read English language equivalent qualifications.
How to apply
Register to apply
Begin your application today
All suitably qualified candidates will be interviewed by telephone or online as part of the selection process. A personal statement will also be required.
Applications for this degree programme are handled by our Enrolment Advisors. Please contact them to find out more about the programme and to start the online application process. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Digital Education Service requires all applicants to provide proof of their identity at the point of application. Accepted forms of ID are:
- Passport photo page
- Driving licence
- National identity card
- March 2023 start: 7 February 2023
- May 2023 start: 11 April 2023
- July 2023 start: 13 June 2023
- September 2023 start: 8 August 2023
Enrolment Advisor team
Telephone: +44 (0)113 341 1262
Associated fees for International Fashion Marketing and Design Management
The following fees apply to those starting their course between September 2022 - August 2023.
UK/EU and International: £5,660
The fee is composed of (which can be paid on a module-by-module basis*):
four taught modules (15 credits each): £1,415 per module
*If your fees are being paid directly to the University of Leeds by your employer or sponsor you will not be able to pay on a module-by-module basis. Please check with our Enrolment Advisors.
Additional cost information
There may be additional costs related to your course or programme of study, or related to being a student at the University of Leeds. Read more about additional costs.
Scholarships and financial support
Funding opportunities for the International Fashion Masters
If you have the talent and drive, we want you to be able to study with us, whatever your financial circumstances. There may be help for students in the form of loans and non-repayable grants from the University and from the government.
Careers in fashion management you can go into
Whether you are looking at how to start a fashion brand or how to lead an existing one, upon completion of the course you’ll be well placed to enter a range of careers in fashion management including:
- Creative Design Manager.
- Fashion Brand Manager.
- Fashion Textile Manager.
- Fashion E-commerce Manager.
- Fashion Marketing Manager.
- International Fashion Manager.
Learn more about the top careers in fashion management
Support from an employability lead
Leeds School of Design has an employability lead for postgraduate taught courses, and as an online student you’ll benefit from:
- A range of events on careers and employability run throughout the year that include CV preparation and fashion job applications.
- Alumni focused events with recent and past graduates talking about their career journeys.
- Career networking opportunities through industry related events such as:
- Fashion Forum, a bi-weekly event that invites industry experts from around the globe to impart their knowledge, tips, and experience.
- LinkedIn groups set up to encourage sharing ideas, discussion with peers and networking.
We are committed to supporting you to get the most out of your postgraduate study so that you graduate with excellent career prospects in fashion management. Our career support will help you in both approaching companies and throughout the application process.
The University of Leeds Career Service
As a Leeds student, you will also have access to the University of Leeds Careers Service’s extensive online resources including:
- Access to a database of employer events.
- Career planning guidance.
- CV writing tips.
- Fashion job application support.
- Key interview skills advice.
- Tailored one-to-one support via an e-Guidance service which can provide advice by appointment via telephone, or virtual meeting.
Request further information
Sign up for more information
Interested in studying our online International Fashion Marketing and Design Management course? Fill out the form below to receive more specialist course information from our Advisors.
Alumni profile: Joshua Madsen-Jensen
“This course has vastly improved my understanding of fashion. Having this qualification will show that I have an in-depth understanding and a strong knowledge of fashion, marketing and management.Find out more about Joshua Madsen-Jensen's time at Leeds